November 23, 2008

Morning London Photos

One of the best (and free) things to do in London is walk around the city in the early hours of the morning and watch it unfold. It takes some motivation to get out of bed at 6am on a weekend, but when I do, it is always worth it.
.
My favourite place to go that early is Brick Lane. There is nothing like sitting in Coffee @ Brick Lane with a cup of tea and a notebook, watching the market come to life the vendors pulling boxes from vans to set up the markets and the pavements and streets slowly filling with people.
.
Besides Brick Lane, I love to wander around the near-deserted South Bank in the early morning light. So when I found myself on the train pulling into Charing Cross at 9am yesterday morning, I decided to go for a walk instead of jumping straight onto the tube. The air was so cold that the only hands visible were the pink ones shaking cameras at the London Eye and Parliament. The Christmas Market stalls had yet to open. And I was grateful for my Starbucks caramel macchiato to warm me up.
.
Here's a few photos:
.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures!