September 30, 2007

A Day at the Park

With limited funds, I've been wandering a lot, exploring the city and going back to the places I miss. After a quick stop in Europe's largest bookshop, Waterstones on Piccadilly, I wandered further away to Green Park and then to Knightsbridge.

























Across from Harrods, right near where I used to live when I studied here in 2004, a man was handing out free pain au chocolat and I certainly took him up on his offer. Delicious! I picked up some lunch and went over to Hyde Park, which is still, after all this time, one of my favorite areas of London. It was home for me for about four months and those four months are still to this day the most unforgettable, carefree four months of my life.
.
I sat on the grass under one of the willow trees. I watched the couples strolling by holding hands. Families with small children giggled and ran across the grass. I always look at Hyde Park as the perfect place for an Autumn photo shoot for Vogue, somewhere typically English where the children all wear knitted jumpers and the women wear riding boots for the horse run that cuts through the park. Behind me, a horse stomped its hoof on the grass and shook its head. In front of me, swans swam in the Serpentine. I stared into space with my book in my lap, sitting on the grass, feet stretched out in front of me and thought about how I would love to live there again.

It was getting dark when I decided to go home. I got off at Queen's Park and dragged my feet through dry leaves on the edge of the path, their crisp edges crunching under my feet.
.
I had stopped in Lush earlier that day and bought a Honey Bee bath bomb a You've Been Mangoed bath melt, so the rest of the night was spent on bubble baths and books, a relaxing day all around.

No comments: